15.8.11

what do i do???

I have been really feeling a ton of creativity bustling around in my not so little head and heart. I have a billion little projects I want to create, build, begin… but very little time…

What do you do? How do you not lose yourself?

I saw a quote on Kal Barteski’s blog – “Tomorrow is a chance to wake up new and forget yesterdays stumbles and blunders… tomorrow is a fresh start!!!”

Thank God for fresh starts other wise life might get depressing.

Some projects on my creative to do list:
·         Start and complete the large Print painting for above my master bed (this had been brewing in my head for over 1 ½ years)
·         Repurpose an ugly mirror I inherited with the house to accommodate my necklaces….
·         Hang some of Joelle’s paintings
·         Sew a tent for my little buddy
·         Start an on-line art class
·         Spray paint some clogs – Dutch clogs
·         Find, paint, re- furbish some sort of small hall table for our bedroom which will become my getting ready station.
·         Look at blogs. And then do.
·         Make an hipstamatic print book on blurb… coupon expires in august.
·         Create a blog book for Joelle




All projects begin with shopping – I am good at this part – Joelle loves to shop. It is finding the time between, bathing, bedding, feeding, adjusting, working, and sleep to fit it in. I love involving Joelle in my projects but there are times I just need to get in a zone and do it myself…. With out the infamous amount of questions – why? What about this color? Mamma do markers go on wall? I want to use your colors not mine…

So I now have in my possession:

  • Wire
  • Hooks
  • Spray paint primer
  • Yellow high gloss paint
  • White high gloss paint
  • Black shoe polish
  • An extra large sharpie marker
  • A MASSIVE pre – stretched canvas
  • 12 wooden  canvases (two are painted)
  • 2 larger wooden canvases
  • Online course purchased
  • Brushes
  • Lots of prints
  • Lots of fabric
  • Space
  • Lots of pictures

Still looking for:
  • Small hall/make-up/vanity table for cheap
  • Wooden doweling
  • A personal trainer
  • House cleaner
  • And TIME!!!!!


Remind me why I work again??? I know, I know…. I probably would be just as strapped for time if I was a stay at home mom.


1 comment:

  1. i think of that quote a lot too! love it! love the creative energy! time is so hard, sometimes wish there was more, sometimes wish it would mov faster! haha

    ReplyDelete