3.3.11

Say What???

the crazy stuff you say. Mornings are my bittersweet. You drive me mad... but then again you are supposed to. you are almost two. our AM is spent trying to get you out the door (awake, fed and dressed) by 7. I admit... this sometimes includes bribery and me doing things for you I would have never thought i would do had you asked me while you were in-utero. being me as a mom is now about knowing when to compromise expectations for the sake of nurturing us... you... me... you and me. so when you make crazy requests....why not say yes....

"mommy!!!!! mommy!!!! i fruit in cereal?" says you.

this mom (working. very busy mom) looks in the fridge at the brink of morning frustrations to find we are out of fruit. I make a mental note that this situation could go either way - bend my weird motherly expectations and offer a quick different choice or tell you we have no fruit and have it impact the entire morning with tears and tantrums. "do you want cucumber???"

you nod.

I chop up cucumber. mix it with your rice milk and cereal - voila. breakfast of a little champion.

you scrunch your face. i brace myself for the shriek. then you start giggling hysterically.

and then it comes... the crazy stuff you say....

while laughing you shout - "mommy TOO funny... cumber in cereal. Too funny!!!" you gobbled it down...

and then on went the morning. and a great story.

i think we make a good pair buddy.

love you.

4 comments:

  1. I love this story!!! Joelle reminds me so much of you when you were little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma VW laughed with tears in her eyes. I love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you make an awesome pair. i totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "thinking outside the cereal bowl" = fabulous life skill

    love auntie ange :-)

    ReplyDelete