7.3.11



Part 1

One would safely assume that birthdays would fall under the category of celebrate


march 05 – marks the start point of my husbands journey here in this mad world. Sometimes one might not feel this to be a celebration but I am of the profound belief that as an individual (uniquely me) we deserve to be the center of this day. In my own books I kind of failed this task this year… the things I tried to do did not match the intensity of feeling I have for mike.  (more on this debate of celebration in further posts).

Insert gag reflex here – he truly is my best friend (at times he drives me mad – but I feel this just signifies how close we are). He is there…always. He strives to be the best father and comfort to Joelle – and he should get an extra gold star for this.



Only he can convince me to order a “Mc Blizzard” at the McDonald’s drive thru window… while we hold in the uncontrollable junior high giggles. Only he can convince me to eat pancakes for supper.



So to “celebrate” in physical action – Joelle and I rehearsed all week singing happy birthday to my very talented mike. (a humbling task). She picked out a new travel mug. we (as in mike and i) argued… yes we did – over what to make for birthday dinner (which ended up being crackers, cheese, sausage and chips), watched a movie, went for coffee, family dinner and tonight – death by  chocolate buffet to honor mike’s 33 year old sweet tooth. (note – the lack of mentioning a gift).

I love mike…. I know he loves me and Joelle…




I just wanted this day to be so special and to let him know that he is the center of our worlds… sometimes thoughts are enough. But I have to balance this with my intense need to be the director of a perfect day. He will know our love through our everyday!!!

May your life be crowded with unexpected joys – (h. jackson brown jr.)

3 comments:

  1. "Behind every great man there is a great women" Don't know who i quoted! Happy Birthday Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy b-day mike!! i sure hope you had fun tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww!!! Ok, birthday crackers and cheese trumps birthday pizza.

    ReplyDelete